No, you are not having a déjà-vu moment, it really is me again. I know when I wrote you a few days ago, I told you that I have not felt any compelling reason to write you on behalf of myself for a long time. But on Monday night I stumbled across a Secret Santa initiative by The Stiletto Mum, for South African bloggers, and on the impulse decided to join in.
You see, I love giving gifts. It is one of my favourite things to do. I can agonise for days over ‘the perfect gift’. Unfortunately sometimes I agonise so long about what to get that I end up running out of time to actually get the present…but it is the idea that counts, isn’t it?
Anyway, the deal is such that each participant needs to compile a Santa wish list of items not more expensive than R100. So, here is my list:
- I love chocolate! Preferably dark chocolate in any shape or size or form (except for the low calorie versions…).
- I can never say no to a good bottle of wine or a nice cap de classique (ask any of the wine telemarketers constantly phoning me…).
- My biggest treat on a weekend is a nice long bath with aromatherapy bath salts! Which are running seriously low at the moment.
- I am a sucker for kitchen magafters like that Bean Slicer Jamie Oliver used in one of his Jamie at Home shows! And this morning (for inspiration you know), I strolled over to the Yuppiechef website and when I saw all the under R100 items, I almost started loading my virtual trolley! Btw, my kitchen in predominantly red…
- Still twiddling my thumbs in the virtual kitchen, I spotted a new Beer Bread Kit that I saw in the Yuppiechef newsletter the other day. It is called Barrett’s Beer Bread Kit, and you can make home made bread, just add a beer!
- Before I get stuck in the kitchen, I have started collecting second hand vinyl LP’s so if you so happen to stroll through a flea market and spot some classic oldies, don’t feel shy!
- I love shoes, but the last time I bought any shoes under a R100, was when I was being ambushed at a market in Kenya, and I never wore them as they were uber uncomfortable. But then again, my feet are so small that your elves’ hand-me-downs might fit!
- Actually, I am very easily pleased when it comes to gifts, so if you run out of time, gift vouchers from any book, music, food, wine shop or the like will do too.
Not wanting to be pesky, but if you can let me have an update on my previous letter, I would really appreciate it!