Happy New Year!
Okay, I know it is a couple of days into the New Year already, but I have been spending some lovely family time with my kids and my brother who lives in Cape Town.
For the first time in a few years I can look back at the year we just waved farewell and acknowledge that it was a good year. It had its share of pain, heartache, disappointments… but these were more than made up with treasured memories, moments of joy and lots of laughter.
For 2013, I wish to be able to continue this run and, apart from the normal New Years’ resolutions everyone else makes (getting fit/losing weight/being healthy/blah-di-blah-di-blah), I have decided that this year I want to do some things that will bring me joy! So, here goes…
- I want to find one thing in every day to appreciate, whether that be a beautiful sunset, or the smell of the scorched earth after an afternoon thunderstorm or a giggle shared with my daughters. A bit like having a stop-and-smell-the-roses-moment every day.
- I want to learn the words of We didn’t start the fire by Billy Joel. All of it, so I can sing along when it plays!
- I want to take loads of pictures of my kids, the beauty around me and try and capture some of my memories. I am still toying with the idea of buying myself that DSLR, and doing a short photography course…
- I want to make a point of going out for weekend lunch drives and see some of the glorious countryside around Joburg.
- I want to read more books and stories that will transport me to other worlds, places and eras. Savour the words, and the descriptions and lose myself in the sea of literature.
- I want to travel some more. I have a few great plans for travels this year, which I will share at another time.
- I want to do a few things this year that scare my socks off. Like doing that tandem sky dive or just going to Gold Reef City more!
- And mostly, I want to spend more precious time with my loved ones, my kids, my family and my amazing friends.
Wishing every one of you who, for some reason or another, keep reading my posts and sharing laughs and tears with me, a beautiful year!
Lots of love!